Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Weekend

Friday Stacie let me leave early from work so I could pick up Brandon for the weekend. When we got home we stayed with Aunt Anita so Mom, Kacie and Mallory could go to the Schulthies Family night. We watched game 7 of the World Series. The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers. It was a good series. Brandon was really agitated this weekend and would yell out loud, hit himself, throw his glasses across the room and cussed like a sailor so we decided to take him back early Saturday night since that wouldn't go over too well at church. He just never connected at all with us and was still the same when we dropped him off at his home. It was pretty depressing for Scott and I. Sure hope he is OK. Before we took him home we dropped Kacie and Jocie off at the dollar movie to see Harry Potter 7 part two for the 6th time and then we took Brandon to get something to eat. He wouldn't even tell us what he wanted so we just got him some burritos. When we picked the girls back up they wanted some ice cream so we took them to Cold Stone. After we hit the freeway, we heard a thump on the car and Jocie yells, "There's a cell phone on the car!" I then asked Scott where his wallet was and sure enough he left that on the car too so we back tracked to find his wallet. It wasn't at Cold Stone so we just watched along the highway. When we got back on the entrance to the freeway we saw it. It had been ran over with all of his cards scattered on the road. You could see the tire marks on his wallet and we are pretty sure he was able to retrieve all of his stuff. Talk about an adrenaline rush... He was so lucky to have found everything and not get ran over during the process. The girls thought that was pretty fun.

Brady's Primary had their sacrament program Sunday. I think he was the last one to make it to the stand he was so scared and he whispered his part..."The scriptures teach me about Jesus Christ and all the prophets." But he sang all the songs so well and he was so reverent on the stand. I was really proud of him. I always love the Primary Program, there was some really cute moments. Here is a picture of them all...

After we had dinner we went into see Wanda. She had her 2nd knee surgery two weeks ago and is not doing well. She can't eat and is so weak...I have never seen her cry before she is such a strong woman. Scott helped his dad give her a blessing and we had a good visit. We pray she starts feeling better soon. When we got back Brady sang a couple of his Primary songs for Anita and then I put him to bed and decorated cupcakes for his Halloween party at school. Hope he likes them...
This morning I was thinking back to Halloween 1998. I was pregnant with Kacie and Brandon was at the Shriner's hospital in Salt Lake City having his first surgery on his legs. Kaylin was battling cancer and had embroidered his name on a Tigger costume for him while he was in the hospital. I sure miss Kaylin and Brandon...


2 comments:

  1. WoW Tammy, tears flow freely... tender memories! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss them too! I remember visiting Brandon in the Hospital...EJ and I were just barely married. You've got the tears flowing here too! I am so impressed how you keep your blog updated. You inpire me...you're awesome! I love you Tammy!

    ReplyDelete