Monday, May 14, 2012

Aunt Anita's Birthday

A bunch of our family came to surprise Anita for her birthday Saturday.  It was so fun to see her expression.  We had a little mini concert for her at the home.  Stephanie and Kacie played the piano and Diana and Karen lead a sing-a-long with the guitar.  We then went to subway and brought in some lunch.  It was a nice party.

Surprise!!!


Joshua and Brady

June Hartley is Anita's visiting teacher and she comes by everyday and brings her a little treat.  Sometimes it is a piece of chocolate, licorice or a handful of strawberries.
Kacie playing
 Stephanie and Diana
Grandma Joan and Anita

Anita's room is so peaceful.  I love our visits here.

 VeAnn, Anita and Roma
 Allan, Anita and Mom (Susan)
 I made this bouquet for Anita for her birthday and one like it for Mom and Scott's Mom (with different pictures of course) for Mother's Day.  They were really fun to make and especially fun to see their faces when they saw them.  Mom even teared up which surprised me.  I was so glad they liked them.
 After Anita's party Scott and I went to Costco with Brady and then to pick up Brandon.  It made me feel so special that Scott gave up a fishing trip with his brothers to spend the rest of the day with me and the kids.  Even though it wasn't a fancy date, just being together was nice.  Kacie stayed with Mallory and went to the Nyssa District Track Meet.  After we picked Kacie up it was so fun to see all three of my kids together in the backseat that I wanted a picture.  You can see how excited they were about it.  I thought it was pretty comical.  The next picture they were a little better about smiling.
Sunday we all went to church and held our breath that Brandon wouldn't say anything obscene.  We did get a couple of loud 'Coke or Pop' during the meeting.  Mom then took him after Sacrament to go see Anita then we had a wonderful dinner with her and Dad.  I was glad I was able to get a little nap in since Brandon didn't go to sleep until 3:30am.  It was so nice of Scott and Kacie to do my dishes.  I had another hard time taking Brandon home, what am I saying it is always hard taking him back home.  Scott and I had a long talk after we dropped him off about the journey we have had with Brandon.  We just wish we could talk to him.  I can't believe he would be graduating this year if everything had gone as planned.     

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the 3 kids in the back seat. Thinking of you this graduation season and we are struggling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how bad it hurts to see other kids doing what your son should be doing at this time of year and every milestone for that matter. We are thinking of you...Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete