Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Visit with Grandma Talbot

Monday night a bunch of Scott's family got together for a fish feed.  Ron and Steve caught a bunch of trout over the weekend and we got to enjoy them.  The best part was the fun conversation I was able to have with Scott's Grandma Phyllis who just turned 100 years old.  She was telling me about her father Amos Brown Jr.  She was so proud to talk about how he was in the lead role of an opera in Logan, Utah called 'The Mikado' back in 1906.  The crazy thing was I was able to find some of the songs on my phone to share with her.  She couldn't believe I was able to do that from my phone.  I said that she has seen a lot of changes in technology in her life and she said, "Ya and I had a friend who retired from the telephone company and  he said that someday we will even be able to see each other when we talk on the phone."  I then told her that we can already do that now.  She was so amazed, she couldn't believe it.  All of that was while we were watching her favorite team the Mariners play the Red Sox and they got beat of course.  That will be a fun memory I will always cherish. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I bet she has seen some amazing things in her lifetime. That is cool you help her hear her Dad's songs! You are amazing Tammy! I am glad we were able to see you this weekend. We love yoU!

    ReplyDelete