Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Girls Night Out, Blazer Game, Piano Competition, Temple ReDedication

We had a fun weekend. It started Friday night when Kacie and I went with Tara, Maria, Lori, Sheree and Jen Thomas to see Breaking Dawn part 2. We all loved it! I think I need to read the book again because I don't quite remember the ending being the same, but I loved how the movie did it. haha  After the movie we went out to eat at Tacos Mi Ranchero.  It was a fun evening!



Scott went with Steve to watch Tyler play in their state football game at Scappoose.  Friday night they went to a Portland Trailblazer game.  He said it was awesome because they won in overtime.  Scott has always been a huge Blazer fan ever since he was a little boy listening to their games on the radio.

Saturday morning Kacie played in a piano competition at TVCC.  I thought she did really well for only knowing it for about 3 to 4 weeks.  She got a red ribbon.  Brady kept telling me we were going to see the waterfall, but I didn't know what he was talking about until we got there.  I had completely forgot that this was there.
 Saturday night Kacie got to go to the Youth Cultural Celebration with the prophet (Thomas S. Monson.) for the rededication of the Boise temple.  Because she isn't 14 yet she didn't get to dance and sing but she was able to attend.  When I picked her up she was so excited about it, I was thrilled.  She talked on and on about how neat it was.  Brady and I went with Mom and Dad to watch it via satellite at the Stake Center.  I have to admit it was pretty cool even watching it on a big TV screen.  All the Boise temple district youth were in attendance which they say was about 9200 kids.  They did some amazing dances and skits.  I loved the group that reenacted a play from BSU at the Fiesta Bowl to Chariots of Fire.  It was cute! Brady was even sad when it was over.  He loves this kind of stuff too! I was amazed how quietly he watched it.
You can see Brook and Brittany in this picture...
Sunday we went to the dedication.  It was awesome! You could feel the spirit really strong.  I loved seeing President Monson in a different setting than at conference.  And I loved hearing Kacie say how much she liked the talks!  After we went to eat at Gerald and Wanda's.  It was a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment