Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lessons Learned

Had a rough Pack Meeting.  Brady's scout leaders forgot to give him his Wolf.  Brady tried really hard not to cry but then he just couldn't stop so I had to take him out.  Brady has cried lots of times before but I have never seen him so heartbroken.  It tore me up inside when he said nobody likes me and then I started crying which was so embarrassing.  I was ready to be done with scouting; but when I asked Brady if he wanted to continue, he said yes. Then Scott and Kacie came out after the awards and we were all ready to leave, but then Brady wanted to stay and play the games.  We found out that with the change in leadership, Brady was overlooked because they thought he already had it.  The problem is they went from May 2013 to January 2014 without a pack meeting and new leaders that are still learning.  Once they realized what happened they scrabbled to get his Wolf badge, new neckerchief and belt loops.  Then several of the adults were so good to include Brady and help him in the snowball fight which was basically dodge-ball with white beanbags. After the games they gave Brady his awards and he was a little upset about being singled out but then never said another thing about it.  I was amazed how he was able to shake it off and still participate when I wanted to run away.  We can learn so much from our kids! Sure love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment