Friday, February 19, 2016

Brady's 5th Grade Field Trip...

 Extracting DNA from strawberries...
 In this room they looked at hundreds of different rocks and many were millions of years old.  In this picture Brady was having fun looking at this map of different geological places in Oregon and Idaho.
 Having fun looking through microscopes...They also learned the digestive process, erosion, plants and more.
 My group rocked...I had Kaylee, Brady, Lauren and Natasha pictured below from left to right...
 Brady loved all the different science labs at TVCC's new science building that I think is only a couple of years old.  After we had lunch and then went to the Four Rivers Cultural Museum.   A Japanese lady about 92 years old talked to the kids about living in the concentration camps.  The kids then spent a little bit of time outside walking through the Japanese garden before going through the museum.  I was able to visit with her a little bit while the kids were outside.  She moved to the Ontario area shortly after she was married.  Her husband was a farmer and died in a farming accident several years ago.  She had two kids and is still living alone.  Very nice lady, reminded me a lot of Scott's grandmother Phyllis.
 I can't believe all the years this museum has been in Ontario and I have never gone.  I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.  I really enjoyed it.  It shared information from the four cultures (Basque, Japanese, European English and Hispanic) that live in our area and also some of the history surrounding our area.
 Brady with his buddy Kaylee...
I even saw him grab her hand for a little bit while they were walking back to the bus.  Too cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment