Monday, April 30, 2018

April Odds and Ends...

Kacie got to travel with Taylor and Stacie to Portland for a Pacific University Track Meet held on April 7th.  Taylor was able to run with other Paralympic athletes and one is on the USA Paralympic team.  They had a good time other that she said it was super cold.



Brady got to travel with Mom to Utah to see Kyle get his Eagle Scout on April 15th.  He had a great time.  On the Saturday prior while I was doing some yard work this pretty butterfly came to visit me and I immediately thought of Kaylin.  I sure miss her.  Later in the day I went with Kacie to a TVCC baseball game and then that night Scott and I went out to dinner at the Spread.  It just opened last January in Fruitland and we were pleasantly surprised how yummy the food was.  They have a small menu but it is kind of high end food.  It was so good.









 His project was an outdoor chessboard.  He dedicated it to one of his Elementary teachers.  Way to go Kyle!

Kacie went with Stacie to watch Taylor in California at the Mt. Sac Relays April 19-21.  They all had a good time and Taylor was able to meet some other Paralympic athletes which was really cool!  I'm glad she had such a good experience there.





April 26th we were able to watch Ryan's track meet in Nyssa.  He won both of his events and has been doing really well in the hurdles this year.  It's fun to watch him.

After the track meet Kacie hung out with Madi and Mallory for Madi's birthday.  They are too cute!
Saturday the 28th Mallory and Kacie went shopping for bridesmaid dresses for Jocelyn's wedding in June.  They wanted to do it before Mallory left to work in Alaska.  They found some really pretty ones.
I thought Brady looked so handsome for his cotillion on April 28th.
April the 30th I went with Kacie to see her kidney doctor.  She saw Dr. Bender the week before but she has to see a member of her transplant team once a year so we had to go back to see Dr. Jenkins since he was in Boise otherwise we would have to go to Portland.  Thank goodness we found out he is still coming to Boise a couple of times a year.  He told us that Kacie's kidney function has been so good for the past eight years that he thinks it could last her whole life as long as she takes her medicine everyday.  That was such good news!  As we were leaving I thought Kacie should get some more practice driving in Boise so I gave her the keys unfortunately, while she was backing out of the parking spot she turned to sharp and hit the car next to us.  Our car was damaged more the other one but that wasn't fun at all!  I didn't know what to do so I just left a note with my number on their windshield.  


No comments:

Post a Comment