Saturday, September 10, 2022

Painting Our House & Kacie Decorates...

With all the preparation I have done to my flower beds adding compost and peat moss I realized that my house was looking pretty bad and that I should probably paint it before I plant all the perennials I ordered from Gurney's.  Saturday, September 3rd Scott and I went over to Home Depot and we got some caulking, plastic, and tape to start prepping for paint.  After a lot of debating on which color to go with I decided on a color similar to what I already have.  So the base color is Silvermist and the trim is Alabaster by Sherwin Williams in the Duration line of paint.  What I didn't realize was I was matching it to the faded color.  It wasn't until we took the shutters off that we saw how faded our paint had gotten.  However, I really like the paint we went with.  Friday the 9th Stacie said I could leave early from work so I could buy my paint and get started.  Friday I did more caulking and then I started painting Saturday.  I got the west and north side of the carport done and then mom suggested I do not do the west side of the house since it was pretty hot so then I almost got the north side of the house done before it was getting dark.  That was a long day!


Saturday Kacie spent the day decorating her house for fall.  I love the new table runner mom made for her.  Her house looks so nice!


I decided I should take a few before pictures.  However, this was taken after the shutters were removed.  I can't believe we have lived 21 years with the bad touch-up job the installers did on this house by not matching the paint better.


I went with this paint for my front door in Black Tricorn.  I sure hope I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment