Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas 2022...

On Christmas Eve I made two torts.  It took longer than I had expected because I messed up on the first two batches of crust.  I knew I needed to double the butter because I was making two but I ended up doubling for each batch.  So I wasted a lot of expensive butter which was really frustrating.  Oh well, it's just money.  The day prior I made more sugar cookie bars and two sour cream lemon pies.  We left around 3:00 to pick up Brandon.  We stopped at Costco prior to pick up two pumpkin pies and a couple of other things.  We were surprised it wasn't crowded.  Brandon seemed to be in a pretty good mood as he rode up front by his dad.  After we got home Scott made us some yummy french toast with some cinnamon bread we got at Costco.  It was so good.  Mom and Dad joined us and then we watched Home Alone 2.  We were hoping to finish it early enough so we could get Brandon to bed but I think we missed our window because he didn't sleep at all that night.



Cole and Kacie had a nice party with his family on Christmas Eve then they came out to our house on Christmas day.   I had to play the piano at church so Scott stayed home with Brandon and Brady.  I played for the primary children and also two piano duets with Mary Woodruff and Quinn Barnes on the organ as the congregation sang.  It was a nice meeting.  I just really missed having my family with me.
We gave Cole the Dewalt cooler.  Brady gave him a Mtn Ops T-shirt and a shaker bottle.  We gave Kacie a curling iron, shacket, Gilmore Girls T-shirt, green Bohme sweater and Brady gave her a black sweater.  We also gave them a 2021 blog book.

This was Brandon and Brady's Christmas...
Brady was pretty excited to get a new iPhone 14 cell phone.
We had Christmas dinner with Mom and Dad plus Valeda and Melissa came.  Scott made a yummy prime rib roast.  I made way too many desserts.  But everything tasted really good.  




I was really hoping to get a family picture but there was no way with the way Brandon was acting.  This was a close as we could get.

As the day went on Brandon got more and more worked up so around 7:00pm we decided to make the hard decision to take him back to his home early.  I hated doing it.  Mom and Kacie rode with me.  We had a nice visit in the car and we had fun talking to Mckinley and Rosie on our way home.  Scott, Cole, and Brady had fun watching a movie together while we were gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment