Monday, April 2, 2012

Family Comes to Visit!

Two weekends ago Rosie and Kyle came up to see Mom and we got to enjoy them for a couple of days and then Kacie went back with them for a week during her spring break. I was going to go pick her up last Thursday but then Reid surprised us when he said they were going to visit for the weekend. He offered to pick Kacie up and bring her home for us.

Kacie said she had a great time in Utah. She got to go to BYU to see Kyle's science fair project and bought a really cute BYU t-shirt at the bookstore. They also found a really cute sweatshirt for Mom for her birthday. Kacie did more shopping at the outlet mall in Park City where she found a really cute dress, sweater and a couple of t-shirts. She also had fun just hanging out with her cousins and helping Rosie.

Reid's family spent Thursday night with Rosie and then they got here around 4:30 on Friday. We had some great panini sandwiches and I made peanut butter bars for dessert. Later in the evening we watched Disney's Earth and just enjoyed visiting. Saturday we watched some conference but then we went to pick up Brandon so Laura, Kacie, Hanna, Teniele I did a little shopping before we got there. In the evening all the men went to the Priesthood session of conference and then they went out to eat. (I'm sure Dad and Reid felt like the good old times.) We made some yummy tacos for us. We recorded the Final Four for the men to watch when they got back.

Sunday we attempted to all watch conference together. I bought a bunch of different candy and we put it out in 9 bowls and then we labeled them with words they might hear from conference. Once they heard the word they could take candy from that bowl. I think the kids had a lot of fun. It may have not be the most reverent activity but we knew they were listening. They probably won't remember anything from conference but I know they will always have that memory of conference together with cousins eating candy. After the morning session a bunch of them went to see Anita. I stayed to help clean up and get ready for our dinner. Mom stayed to sleep because she had not been feeling well all weekend. I think she had the stomach flu and then Sadie and Brady got it later in the afternoon so that kind of spoiled some of the fun. We had dinner around 5pm and Scott made some delicious ribs on the treager and I made my yummy flat belly dessert in the trifle bowl.
Sidenote: We all know how much Brady loves waterfalls and when Brady was throwing up he said, "Look Mom! I'm making a waterfall!" It was so gross, but so funny!

Watching conference...aka guarding the candy, lol!
Visiting Aunt Anita!
Even Brandon and Brady wanted to go...
Brandon was very pleasant and enjoyable to have this weekend. I took him back Monday morning because I had to go to his IEP at the school anyway. I met his new teacher, Linda Diana. She was really nice. I think she is really good with the kids. She is trying to find some kind of work skill that Brandon would like. After our meeting I hung out with Brandon for a little while in his classroom. Reid's family also went home this morning. It was great to see them too! It was a really nice weekend except for those that got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment