Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Harry Potter

It doesn't take much for us to have a reason to party...especially if Harry Potter is involved!  We celebrated his 32nd Birthday on July 31st.  I have so much fun decorating and preparing new recipes and props.  I was really happy with how well my the sorting hat and brick wall turned out.
Preparing for the big day
Decorations for the party
What do you think?
Could I pass for Ginny Weasley?
Our littlest Potter


Our wizards are arriving...


Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood!
Don't you just love her glasses!
Brady makes a good Draco Malfoy


The Slytherins...Professor Snape & Draco Malfoy....ooooh, aaaaah. 
(Actually they don't look very scary)
Potions: Hollow Stomp Soil, Blind Cat Eyes, Gillyweed, Hippogriff Gizzards,
Bloodworms, Dream Fluid, Dried Beetles, Bat Eyes and Truth Serum.
Here we have Ginny Weasley, Professor Trelawney and Mad Eye Moody at the Three Broomsticks.




Stacie (I mean Mad-Eye Moody) made the official Harry Potter cake originally done by Hagrid on his 11th birthday. Brady says you can't have a birthday party without cake!


Jaynee with a Cockroach Cluster and Brady with a Chocolate Frog.
Yummmm...Butterbeer!
(I found a different recipe and I liked it a lot better)
Our Grand Hall with the floating candles...compliments of Tara Rushton.

Sorting Hat Ceremony for the Tri-wizard Tournament!!!
The Slytherin House
The Gryffindor House
The Hufflepuff House
The Ravenclaw House
...and the Gryffindor House WINS!!!!

AZKABAN PRISONERS!!!

































































I was so happy with how everything turned out and so glad that the kids had so much fun!  They all looked so cute!  Thanks so much to everyone that helped out.  I think we just started a new tradition...if anyone wants to join in on the fun, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my good heavens! That looked amazing. You did so much work. I'm totally in love and super jealous I was not in attendance. You could have used a house elf hehe. So cool! You are truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are just going to have to plan a trip home next summer around July 31st so we can have a house elf at our party!!!

      Delete
  2. It was lots of fun. Thanks Tammy for Hosting it

    ReplyDelete