Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Little Get Away...

July 27th Brady and I went with Mom on a little get away.   (Kacie stayed home because she didn't want to miss the Cotillion dance Saturday night.)  We left around 3pm and first went to Brent and Berniel's house for a little visit. She had a wonderful fish fry for us and it was so fun to visit with everyone, especially Trisha and her kids since it has been so long since I've seen them. I was so sad when I realized I hadn't taken any pictures while we were there. We then made our way to Pasco and stayed at the Holiday Inn there. Thank goodness for GPS or we would never have found it in the dark.
Saturday after our breakfast, Brady and I went shopping while Mom stayed at the hotel to knit and watch the Olympics.  He was a pretty good sport.  There were a lot of cute dresses so I would take a picture and send it to Kacie to see if she liked it.  I had just about given up on finding one that she liked and was headed to check out with some things for Brady and myself when I found another one that she actually liked.  I was showing Stacie all the pictures I had taken of dresses and she said I should become a professional shopper for people that hate to shop like herself.  It was funny!
Brady's new McDonald's toy...it was actually one that he liked!
The closest thing to a waterfall that we saw on the trip...
After our shopping trip we headed up to Mesa to Jed and Diana's house for their family reunion.  We had a lot of fun on their zip line.  The first time Brady went with me and after that he went all by himself.  I was pretty surprised how brave he was.  He loved it! Jed was such a good sport to help him.












Diana and Stephanie made three quilts from Aunt Anita's shirts and gave one to Mom, Allan and Jo.  I thought it was such a cool idea!
Allan and Roma made a genealogy game which Mom loved playing.  What a fun way to learn about your ancestors.
After our visit in Mesa we started heading back home and stayed another night in a hotel.  Brady had fun swimming in their pool and it was really relaxing watching the Olympics and just hanging out.  Sunday we headed home.  It was a nice little get away from home. 

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous you got to spend quality alone time with Brady. It seems so hard to take the kids one on one. He will always remember those moments. Once again I love that kid so much. He is a real blessing to all of us around him.

    ReplyDelete