Monday, May 13, 2013

Harper Senior Trip (May 5-12)

Sunday May 5th Scott and I left at 6am to travel with his senior class to California for a week.  They rented a 15 passenger van.  We had 6 seniors and then one other mom traveling with us.  The kids did really well traveling about 14 hours.  Scott and I did all the driving on the way down since we couldn't add Barb as a driver until Monday.  We got to the Los Angeles area around 7:30ish and met up with Barb's husband and we had dinner at the In and Out Burger.  Then we made it to our hotel in Anaheim around 9pm.  
Monday we took our time waking up and had breakfast at the hotel then we walked down to the GardenWalk and did a little shopping and then we found some outlets to do some more shopping.
All the boys...Tyler, Scott, Logan and Brady
Had my first fish tacos at Rubios and boy are they yummy!  That night we ate at the California Pizza place, it was yummy too!




Tuesday we are finally on our way to see Mickey...Yeah!!!
Tyler, Logan, Kirsten, Sierra, Itati, Brady and Scott



We watched Goofy direct a water show and then we were able to get our picture with him!  I was excited that I was able to video it for Brady.
Our first ride was on the Tower of Terror....so exciting!


Love this ride!!!


Waiting for Soaring over California...another favorite!

Everyone went on the Roaring Rapids ride except me...I volunteered to sit it out since only 8 can ride in a raft.  But honestly I really didn't want to get wet and I was so glad I did since it wasn't that warm.


Mexican food for lunch and no I didn't eat both plates, Scott ate the chicken.  It was good, but pricey.
I absolutely loved Cars Land...we walked around and took pictures for a little bit.  When we got to California Adventure that morning the first thing we did was pull a fastpass for the Radiator Springs ride and the World of Color.  We had to wait till 8pm to go on the ride, crazy.











Little Mermaid ride...too cute!
Only Scott and I made it to the Aladdin show and we were so glad we did!  It was so good!
After the show we had a Red's Apple Freeze at the Cozy Cone...so fun!  It tasted a lot like butterbeer.


picture for Brady
Rode Soaring over California again.
Everybody was about ready to collapse...waiting to see the Muppets in 4D.






Finally get to ride...it was so awesome!!! It was like we were in the movie!
This maybe the only picture I have of Barb sitting next to me in the red shirt.  So FUN!!!

Wednesday we went to Universal Studios.  Barb's husband Kevin works for the park from the Sheriff's office.  He got us free tickets and also two fastpasses up to six people each.  That was so nice especially when we could walk right up to the front of the line to ride.
Scott thought Beetlejuice was a little to cozy with me. Haha!
Love...

When I went up to get my picture taken he took my hand and started stealing me away. So fun!

This was an hour tour we took of the Universal studios back-lot   We got to see a lot of the sets and behind the scenes.

This was an awesome show called Water World and we got great seats thanks to our fast pass.











This Transformers Ride was amazing!
Thursday we drove down to San Diego.  We got a late start since one of the girls got sick.  But the kids got to play in the ocean for a little while.  Nobody else wanted to visit the USS Midway museum so Scott and I did that while they played on the beach.


Scott was in heaven with all these jets.


I thought it was interesting that the person behind this glass wall has to write the coordinates backwards for the captain.




Captain's quarters ..can't have a fear of heights or be claustrophobic to work on this ship.    




After we got back from San Diego, Scott, Barb, Sierra and I went to the Cheese Cake Factory.
Friday we went back to Disneyland.     It was Scott's turn to get sick so he took a shuttle to the park around noon.  The rest of us got there around 10:00 and Tyler, Sierra, Itati and I went back to California Adventure to get another fastpass for the Cars ride and then we went on the Tower of Terror again then we went to the Disneyland park.
We then got a fastpass for Space Mountain.  We had an hour to kill so we walked through some Sci-Fi stuff, watched Captain EO and then I suggested we go on Autopia.  I had never been on it before and they said after that I can no longer suggest rides.  Haha. Too much of a Kiddy ride for them I guess.







Scott finally made it in...just in time to wait in the heat to go on the Matterhorn. 


Me and Sierra on the Matterhorn!
Scott is so excited to go on "It's a Small World" can't you tell!
Loved the Hillbillies...so funny and talented!  After that we went on Pirates of the Caribbean.  Love that ride!
So nobody else wanted to sit in the front so I did and I got soaked...but loved every minute of it.



Since Scott wasn't with us when we got our fastpass for the Car's ride I told him he could have mine so he could ride with the kids and I would go as a single rider.  Funny thing was that I got done about twenty minutes before them.  So I went shopping and got a Car's frame.


Headed back to the Disney park to go on the Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones and watch the fireworks.  So when we got there the Haunted Mansion was closed for an undisclosed amount of time so we just sat by the gate for a little bit and luckily they opened it back up while we were there then we went on the Indiana Jones ride and it broke down after we walked all the way down so we couldn't ride it so we could watch the fireworks which are always awesome.  Little bit of a downer...Scott has never been able to ride Indiana Jones because it is always broken.
Last ride of the night...Yes we went on the Tower of Terror again.  Love!  
After that I wanted to do some shopping but the kids were exhausted and wanted to go back so I finally convinced Scott we could take a shuttle back to the hotel.  I panicked just a little bit when we got separated and I couldn't find Scott and his cell phone was dead so I couldn't call him.  I was so relieved when we finally met back up were able to get a little shopping done and then find a shuttle back to the hotel.
Saturday we left Anaheim around 10am and started our travels back home.  I really wanted to head all the way home especially when we got into some bad traffic so we didn't get to Six Flags until around 1pm.  We went on five rides and I think for the first time in my life got scared on roller coaster.  We rode Goliath, Colossus, Tidal Wave, Superman and Tatsu.  So fun!

We left the park at 7pm and I was so excited to eat at Rubio's again.  We then went to Bishop and stayed the night there and then got home around 8:30 on Sunday.  It was a lot of fun but a little too long to be gone from my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment