Sunday, October 9, 2016

Brady's Priesthood Ordination and Celebration...

Saturday Olivia was baptized and since I was already there Brady came in with Mom and Dad. 



Sunday after church Brady and I went to Olivia's dinner celebration.  It was fun seeing cousins.
Pictured with Brady who stood in the circle are Lance Peterson, Bishop Kevin Draper, Grandpa (Van Schulthies) Brady, Dad (Scott Talbot) Jon Wood and Grandpa (Gerald Talbot)
I took Brady to church early to get his interview with the bishop.  When the bishop called him up to the pulpit Scott and I were a little nervous he wasn't going to go up he was so nervous but he did it.
What stood out to me while he was ordained was that Scott blessed him to be faithful and to use his priesthood to bless and serve the lives of others.   It was so special!
Glad his grandparents could be there.  His Primary teacher, Vicki Mitchell was also there.  I wish I would have got a picture of them together.  She has been a great support to Brady and even gave him a book on the priesthood.

Sure love this boy of mine!  
Sunday evening we had a family party to celebrate both Steve and Brady's birthdays.  We had yummy finger foods with cake and ice cream.  I ordered a cake from Costco and then asked for extra frosting so I could add the Route 66 sign since they wouldn't do it.  I was happy with how it turned out.


Love this picture of these handsome birthday boys!!!

Crazy guy!!
These kids were not cooperating very well for a picture!
Brady wanted us to all watch his slide show that I made him when he turned eight.
Stacie's family gave him the football with cones.  We gave him the perpetual motion toys and BSU sweatshirt.  Talbot grandparents gave him the long sleeve BSU shirt and candy corns.  Teniele and boys gave him the USA map puzzle.  Valeda gave him the card and $10.  Steve and Kris gave him some candy and a $25 gift card to amazon.  Not pictured is a cool bike his Schulthies grandparents gave him, a robot you build that the Garners gave him and Jaynee gave him a bracelet with candy.

I hope he liked his 12th birthday...it's kinda a big one getting the priesthood and graduating from Primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment