Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day...

We had a really special Mother's Day having Rosie and Reid's families with us.  We got some family pictures taken and then had a really nice sacrament meeting together outside on the deck.  After the sacrament we all shared thoughts about mom and then our conversation went to Kaylin and our memories with her during her last days on earth.  The spirit was really strong.  We all really miss her.






Thought he would share a selfie with me on my phone after taking our picture...haha!




We missed having Cole and Kacie with us, but she shared this picture on Instagram and they went in together and got me a new iPhone 11 which was super nice.  My 7 is almost 4 years old.  I guess I was due for a new one.  I love the camera and battery life on it.
We went in together on Mom's gift.  We got her some new kitchen towels and tablecloths.  We gave Scott's mom new frying pan.  We went to her house in the evening for a couple of hours.  It was a nice day!
Cute, cute boys...
We had a nice lunch together...

I was having fun taking pictures with my new phone.



Email Stacie showed me this email from their Ontario Stake President for Mother's Day...

Dear Members of the Ontario Oregon Stake,
         To all the women of the stake, whether mothers or not, Happy Mother’s Day!  I express my love and appreciation to you, and more importantly, assure you that our Loving Heavenly Father doesn’t just love you, He adores you as one of His precious and choice daughters.  You are dear to Him.
         Last week a wonderful mother in our Stake and a dear friend, passed away very unexpectedly—Shelley Goodfellow.  I was shocked when I heard the news!  At her outdoor service, I got to see some of the fruits of her labors.  I looked at her husband of almost 50 years, Neill.  Neill would not be the man he is now without Shelley’s influence.  I looked at 5 beautiful and handsome children, and 27 healthy and happy grandchildren.  Good people!  Good children! I looked into the faces of the people who had traveled great distances to be there.  Why? Because of the impact Shelley had on them.  And I understand her funeral service, which was broadcast, has over 1,200 views!  Who can measure the impact of a righteous woman?
         A faithful woman, filled with the love of Christ, touches peoples’ hearts!  I honor today all the women in this stake who reflect the love of God to their families, friends, and communities.  I particularly honor my wife, Rashae’ whom I love dearly.  And like Neill, I know I wouldn’t be the man I am without her influence.
         As covenant members of Christ’s family, may we cherish, love and honor our mothers, wives, and all righteous women this Mother’s Day.

With my love,
Eric N. Dahle


No comments:

Post a Comment