Saturday, September 5, 2020

Harlen Garner's Funeral...

I really don't know where to start.  I can't believe I am posting about Harlen's funeral.  It just doesn't seem real.  He should still be with us.  He was such a good person and friend and will be so greatly missed.  When we first found out I was planning on making a slideshow so I was gathering pictures then I was told that the people doing the live stream video would do a slideshow.  Then the day before the funeral I learned that they just show pictures before and after the funeral so I had to scramble and get one put together.  I worked on it from noon until about 10:00pm.  That was a lot harder emotionally than I was expecting.  I was kinda a mess by the time I was done.  We then ran over to Zach and Karli's to see if it would work on his big media truck.  It took a while but Zach was able to get it going by the next day after he converted it.  I was impressed by how good the pictures looked on his big truck.
We were so honored that Kendalee wanted us to join them for the family prayer.  She did a wonderful job.  She also wrote a poem for Harlen and shared it during the funeral.  I'm so amazed she was able to do that.  The funeral was perfect.  All the songs and speakers did an amazing job.  The spirit was really strong.  I really liked how Cyrus spoke about not over correcting too fast but we have to gradually make our way back to the path of Jesus Christ or on the road. 




Dad did a beautiful job on the dedication of the grave.
Scott was so honored to be an honorary pallbearer,  Kendalee also gave me a rose to put on his casket too, this meant so much to us.  Harlen was such a good friend to both of us.  As hard as this has been on Scott and me, I can't imagine what his family is going through.



David Hopper and Todd Sarazin...Harlen's best friends.  David gave a great talk also...so good!
Dion Garner, Holly Garner Seable, Kendalee & Jamie Garner Hiatt.
Rosie, Holly, and Jackie Folkman were clued at the hip when they were young.
Sonja Folkman Mauter, me, and Kim Folkman Wagstaff.  Sonja and I were always the champs at the three-legged races when we were kids, haha! 
Irene Folkman, Jackie, Sonja, Kim, me, Rosie and Holly
As we were taking our picture, Rob Wagstaff said, "The Cow hollow Queens" haha!
Scott said he loved it when Harlen would invite him to spend the night when they were kids and they would ride all his toys.
Some more throwback pictures...

These two pictures were taken at Harlen and Holly's mother Deanie's funeral...

Harlen & Kendalee's first grandchild...Gus!
Mom and I took these family pictures of them just two months ago.
We also did the funeral program.


He will be so missed...

Later that night Vaughn and Barbara came over and we had a great visit with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment