Monday, September 28, 2020

Uncle Vaughn...

On September 21st Uncle Vaughn went to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well.  While he was there he had a heart attack from his blood sugars being over 600.  They were able to revive him and they life-flighted him to Boise.  There he was put on a ventilator and an induced coma.  When they brought him out of the coma they discovered that the heart attack caused a stroke and the right side of his body was paralyzed including no sight in his right eye.  On Friday, September 25th the family was able to have a zoom call and finally see him.  It was so nice that they invited dad to be included.  They were able to talk to him and Tommy gave a beautiful prayer.  The next morning the doctor was able to talk to Uncle Vaughn and he was able to tell the doctor that he wanted to go home.  The doctor said his heart wasn't strong enough but he still wanted to go home.  The doctor only gave him a few days to live.  So Saturday they brought him home to be with his family.  That night they invited Mom and Dad to see him.



One of the first things he wanted was shaved for his sweetheart.
These pictures with dad are so tender...


Sunday they invited all the family that could come see him and say their goodbyes.  Brent Hartley came with Taryn and Dedre.  Brent, Elaine, Jason & Brooke came together.  I was able to go over with Brady and Kacie for a little bit before she went back to Rexburg.  Almost all of Vaughn's family were there and Launa came over too.  It was so sad, but nice to see so much family together.  Preston and Travis were able to call and say their goodbyes also.

I love these cousins of mine!

Monday I had to run to Ontario to do some follow-up blood work on my cholesterol.  Once I got done I went to Albertsons and got some stuff for sandwiches plus some fruit and chips to take over for everyone.  When I got home I made a double batch of peanut butter bars.  On my way home I started talking to Kacie about everything going on then as I was baking Rosie called and I was able to add her to our phone call.  I just recently learned how to make three-way calls which is super cool.  While we were talking then mom called and told us all that Uncle Vaughn had passed away and she was really emotional and said she didn't know where dad was and asked if I would call and tell Reid.  Right after she hung up Reid called me and I added him to our call.  (we thought he must have heard but hadn't yet which is amazing he called just then)  I then decided to go with Mom and help her find dad.  I kept Kacie, Rosie, and Reid all on the phone with me while we went to find dad.  We drove around the farm and then went back to the house.  Dad and Teniele showed up right after we got back.  We were all able to be together via the phone which was a tender moment.  I then finished frosting my bars and I went over with Mom and Dad to take them all the food and try to be of some comfort.




This has been so hard...Twins aren't meant to be apart...

When we got back to the house dad asked me to take these pictures...

Joe & Jolene sent this beautiful arrangement...
So cute with the tractor...



No comments:

Post a Comment