Thursday, October 1, 2020

Uncle Vaughn's Viewing...

I stayed home from work so I could finish up Uncle Vaughn's slideshow.  I had a terrible time getting it done it was almost like a sign that it wasn't meant to be.  The worst was when I split water on my laptop and fried it.  Bob and Tami took it to have a family member try to recover it but that didn't work.  I had grandma's done for her 90th birthday on the 3rd but lost it all.  I was able to get Uncle Vaughn's done but then I wasn't able to get it to save in 1080p format only in a lower quality.  I felt bad, but it was the best I could do.  Scott and I went to the viewing at the church.  It was nice to see so many friends and family.
Juliene and I with Julene Bowns & Kayla Robinson Carroll.

Kally Clark with Rosie and Wade.  She lived in Rosie's complex at college and dated Wade.
Dad's cousins...Terry & Lynne Mercer
Their parents were Elva Vivian Schulthies (grandpa Ray's sister) and Kay Mercer
Brian, Terry & Lynne Mercer, Travis, Dad & Preston...
Scott and I had a great visit with the Mercers.  Terry is a helicopter pilot so Scott drilled him with questions.  He was also the pilot that helped rescue a rock climber in Moab Utah that had to cut off his hand that was pinned under a boulder.  His name was Aron Ralston and they made a movie about it and Terry was even in the movie.  It was so fun chatting with them and getting to know them better.  Dad said they were his favorite cousins growing up.
It was different having the viewing in the chapel but I guess they needed more room for people to be socially distant.  I thought the flowers were beautiful and they personalized it perfectly for Uncle Vaughn.


I have been amazed by how strong Aunt Barbara has been throughout all of this.  I love this picture of Mom with Barbara.  Sheree said she always thought our mothers were the twins.  After looking through all of the pictures when they were newly married I started to see why she would be confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment