Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Corn Harvest, Miracles & Frustrations...

It has been so nice of Reid to stay and help dad.  On Tuesday the 6th dad put Reid's phone on the fender of the combine and forgot about it.  When Reid asked him about his phone they both panicked when they didn't see it.  I helped Reid look for a little while but then he left to take a truck in.  I then got Sadie and we went back to the area he thought it was.  Dad even got out and helped us.  I just kept praying that we could find it.  I was calling his phone with my cell phone then all of a sudden I could hear it.  I was right on top of the sound but couldn't see it.  I think I had to call it a couple more times before we finally found it.  When Reid got back to the field he was so shocked and happy that we found it and there wasn't even a scratch on it.  He said we called his phone about 16 times.  Who said there aren't miracles anymore.  Dad then asked me if I would run the corn wagon for him while Teniele helped her boys with their zoom classroom.  I thought I was doing pretty good until I dumped a bunch of corn on the crowd.

Wednesday the 7th Scott was finally feeling a little better and he was able to come out and help.  I had to leave around 3:00 for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Mairs about the high cholesterol.  I called the office first to let them know I was exposed to covid.  The lady asked me if I had a fever and I told her no so she said I would be okay and to still come in.  When I got there they screened me for Covid and because I told them I had some of the symptoms they told me to wait in the car.  Then one of his nurses called me and said they would have to reschedule.  I was so mad I gave her an earful.  I explained my frustration about the long commute and waste of gas when I gave them a call prior.  She apologized and then I told her the doctor would have to call me that I wasn't rescheduling.  The next day a nurse called and said I would have to see their general doctor there who is Dr. Daisy Miller for my cholesterol.  I was then mad again thinking if I had to pay for an appointment for him to tell me I would need to see a different doctor.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment