Saturday, February 26, 2022

Tribute to G.T.

I took Gerald to the Nyssa Girl's State Playoff game with me and then Scott met us in there because he had to leave early to go to the Huntington tournament.  Before the game Coach Chamberlain and Coach DeAnda came over to visit with Gerald.  I wanted to get a picture of them because Coach DeAnda is wearing one of their shirts with Gerald's bulldog on it.  I thought that was so cool!  The 2nd ranked (24-2) Nyssa girls played so good!  They were ahead 19-4 after the 1st quarter and 41-16 at the half.  They ended up beating Clatskanie 68-41. Gracie Johnson had 25 points.  With about a minute left in the game Nyssa called a time out and they announced that they would like everyone to stay after the game for a presentation.  Well you might say Gerald was pretty surprised when they said they wanted to honor a legend in Nyssa boys basketball.  I was so happy I was there and was able to video it.  It was pretty cool and very well deserved.  What was so impressive is how everyone stayed to watch and even the visiting team.  I was just sad that the rest of the family wasn't there to see it but at least I got it on video.





They gave him this cool sign which I noticed as we were leaving that another one was hanging up in the gym.  They also gave him and wanda t-shirts, sweatshirts and a hat with his bulldog on it.
This is the bulldog they used for all the basketball gear!!!
As they were loading me up with all his new gear I asked for their notes and they gave them to us too!  I thought they all said some really nice things about our awesome Coach Gerald Talbot or G.T...pretty special and definitely well deserved!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment