Friday, December 30, 2011

Kacie's 13th Birthday!

I can't believe Kacie is a teenager now. Wow where did the time go?!? We had an awesome fun-filled Harry Potter party. We had lots of fun HP food, glasses and the works. I thought the best part was when we had a "Sorting Hat" ceremony to divide the players into houses for our Tri-Wizard Tournament which was HP Scene It. Tommy read the "Sorting Hat" poem from the book and Stacie sorted everyone into houses. Kacie was Ravenclaw along with Brooke & Valeda. I was Hufflepuff along with Tara, Howie and Taylor. Scott was Griffindor along with Tommy, Kyle and Brittany. The Slytherin house players were Stacie, Kim, Ryan and Mckinley.






I thought Kacie's cake turned out really cute even though she didn't like her picture on it. I was amazed how much she looked like Kaylin with the curly hair from Sirius Black.







Tara made the yummy pumpkin pasties and Herbology bites. Wanda made the Polyjuice Potion, which was chili-cheese dip. Stacie brought a veggie tray and I made the rest. We even had butterbeer that I forgot to take a picture of...I sure couldn't have done it without everyones help.


Way cute!!!
















The winners of the Tri-Wizard Tournament! How fitting that Kacie's house would win. I bought the cup from Amazon and put vinyl lettering on it and filled it with Every Flavor Beans...




The boys were teasing her for taking three breathes to blow out her candles




Kacie has wanted Stacie's house cups ever since we went to the Wizarding World of HP so Stacie ordered her a set.
Grandpa & Grandma Talbot gave her the calendar along with a cute card and $10.T-shirt from Mom and Dad along with a huge HP picture book. Funny thing was that Kim, Brooke & Brittany gave her the same book. Tara & Tommy gave her a subway gift certificate which is perfect since that is her favorite place to eat. Grandpa & Grandma Schulthies gave her the complete HP hardbook set for Christmas and her birthday along with some YW value bracelets. Rosie & EJ gave her some nice Adidas sweats and T-shirt and Teniele & Ruben gave her a HP sticker book and Valeda gave her a really cool handmade wand. I say she was a little spoiled...

I even gave Kacie an acceptance letter to Hogwarts.
It was so much fun, but boy was it a lot of work...but I would do it all over again, lol!

1 comment: