Thursday, April 14, 2016

Kacie gets CDiff...

 Kacie has been struggling with diarrhea off and on for a long time starting around March 19th.  I took her to the doctor finally on the 23rd and they gave us everything to collect a sample but then it stopped.  It came back with a vengeance the second week of April and so on the 14th we took her sample from the night before and her to see Dr. Dunbrasky.  She agreed with me that she needed fluids and so they gave her an IV to help replenish her.  We decided they must have given her something else in that IV.  Sometimes you just have to laugh when the going gets tough.
On Friday we got the call from the doctor's office that she had CDiff and that we needed to start her on Flagyl right away.  I was at work when I got the call and I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone to pick it up for me so I left, picked up her meds and headed home to be with her.  We learned that it is a bacterial infection in the colon caused by too many antibiotics and that it can be hard to get rid of. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment