Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Flying and New Doctor...

Yesterday Kacie had more watery diarrhea so I was surprised she was up for this...but she had a blast! Bailey Peterson invited Jocelyn to go flying with his Grandpa Bob and so she invited Kacie.  They even got to fly some...I was out running and saw them fly over but they didn't see me.






So yesterday when I found out Kacie had more watery diarrhea I called her pediatrician to tell her and she started her back on the full dose of Vancomycin (500 mg 4 times a day), the maintenance dose of 125 mg 4 times a day just wasn't cutting it.  I also asked her if she could pull some strings to get us into the GI doctor sooner because we weren't scheduled to see him until July 14th.  She called me back and said she talked to his office and they would try to get her in this week.  I also called and talked to Angie, Dr. Jenkin's nurse to let them know what was going on.  Shortly after I got a call back from Angie and she said she used to work for the GI Doctor and she looked on his schedule and saw that he had a cancellation for today at 1:30 so she booked it!  She also said that Dr. Thompson was the best pediatric GI doctor in Boise.  Talk about an answer to prayers.

I picked these two up at Jocelyn's house after they got done flying.  As soon as we got there we got right in which was odd.  We loved Dr. Henry Thompson!  He knew absolutely everything about Kacie and didn't even ask us one question or even evaluate her.  He said the best thing for her would be a Fecal Transplant and suggested various ways it can be administered.  He said he thought the best way would be swallowing 30 frozen capsules but didn't know if he would be able to get them in by Friday. He was pretty excited about doing to the capsules because he has never had a kid old enough that could swallow all those pills and that he has done 100 of these fecal transplants and only had to repeat one.  Kacie wanted to get this done Friday no matter what because she wanted to go to Utah with mom on Sunday.  So he said he would try his best to get them in but if not he would do it through a endoscope.  He said she needed to discontinue the Vancomycin Wednesday morning and take a Prev-acid the next two days and she couldn't eat anything after midnight prior.  The next day he called me to let me know the capsules would be in Thursday so that was the route we were going to do which was another answer to prayers.

After the appointment the girls were joking about having a poop transplant...I was relieved I didn't have to be a donor!  We then did a little shopping at the mall and then got some food at Zupas then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment