Sunday, May 13, 2018

Kacie's Day and Mother's Day...

Can't believe it's been eight years since Kacie's transplant.  Dr. Jenkins has been with us from the very beginning.  Kacie now only sees him once a year because he was a member of her transplant team.  When we saw him a couple of weeks ago he said because her kidney function has done so remarkably well he could foresee it lasting her whole life.  This was such good news and a shock to us because we only thought it would last about 20 years.  Words can't express enough how grateful we are to the donor and the family! We love you Kacie! Keep taking care of this incredible gift of life! 

May 13th was Mother's Day...Always my Mother...Forever my Friend!
We had a nice dinner at Mom's house and then played a few games before we went in to see Scott's mom for a little bit.  Scott got me some treats from Costco and Kacie got me a really cute shirt from Maurices.  It was a really nice day!

I made these sock cupcakes for mine and Scott's ministering sisters.  I thought they turned out pretty cute.  The note with them said... This cupcake is not to eat, it was "baked" with love to warm your feet.  I hope they like them.

I had fun looking through old pictures trying to find one of me as a baby with Mom for Mother's day.  I loved the one of me looking up at her in the mirror and her looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment