Sunday, October 7, 2018

Brady's 14th Birthday & General Conference...

I thought it would be fun to post the last 13 birthday cakes Brady has had on Instagram before he got his 14th.  He's so cute!  When I showed him my post he informed me that I got his 4th and 5th ones mixed up so I had to delete it and start over.  He amazes me!  

3rd birthday!

4th Birthday!
 5th Birthday! 

8th birthday!
9th birthday!


 10th birthday!

 13th birthday!
Friday the 5th I took the day off to spend with him.  I made him pancakes for breakfast then Mom and I took him, Lea, Josh and James to the movies.  Lea, Brady, Josh and I saw The House With the Clock in its Walls.  We all liked it!  Mom and James went to see Smallfoot.  After we went to Kiwi Loco and then we went to help Taylor get ready for the Homecoming Football game. 





After the game we went back to Wanda and Gerald's for pizza to celebrate this cutie's birthday!  Saturday we listened to conference and I made Brady's birthday cake.  They announced in conference that starting in January we will only be having two hour church.  We will have sacrament every Sunday but only Sunday School the first and 3rd Sunday.  Priesthood and Relief Society with be the 2nd and 4th Sunday.  If there is a 5th it will be under the direction of the bishop.  This is going to be quite the change but they want to allow for a more  home centered learning of the gospel. 




Sunday at 5:00 we had what family could come over for finger foods and cake and ice cream.  I can't believe Brady is 14 now.  He got a new cell phone from his mom and dad plus a new case and a couple of white shirts, dress pants and a red tie with temples on it.  His grandpa and grandma Schulthies gave him some new headphones.  His grandpa and grandma Talbot got him a new shirt, shorts and jelly beans.  Ron and Stacie gave him a bluetooth speaker.  Teniele and the boys gave him three bags of candy.  The Garners gave him a card and $20.00.  He was pretty happy!


I made a lemon cake with cream cheese lemon frosting and lemon mousse filling.  Everyone loved it which is always a relief! (:
 Lindsay makes the cutest homemade cards.
 I love how Wanda always shares memories in her cards...
 I love all the pictures mom includes in her cards...

These two spent the weekend at Rosie and EJ's house.  They were all fortunate to go to the Saturday morning session of conference.  That was really cool they could be in attendance when the church made the big announcement about two-hour church.  

This is where they were sitting. 


All the talks were so good!  The church is trying really hard to make sure we say we belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and get away from the nickname the Mormons.

No comments:

Post a Comment