Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Earthquake in Idaho...

As the nation reels from the impact of the coronavirus, Idaho feels its most powerful eqrthquake since Oct 28, 1983 (6.9 magnitude east of the Lost River fault zone.  There were two fatalities in Challis, Idaho and 12 million in damages.).  The U.S. Geological Survey reported a 6.5 magnitude earthquake in central Idaho at approximately 5:52 pm on Tuesday March 31st.  The quake struck approximately 72 miles northeast of Boise, originating at a depth of 6.2 miles near Stanley and Challis.  No injuries that I no of and it was felt as far north as Canada.  Some say they felt in in Orem Utah.

It was the weirdest feeling.  I was sitting on the our large sectional couch and all of a sudden I could see it swaying back and forth and then I heard a loud crack and I thought it was the wind and then Scott and I looked at each other and realized we were experiencing an earthquake.  We heard something fall off the self and then Brady came running into the room.  I don't think I can ever remember feeling an earthquake before but Scott said he could remember the one from 1983.  We immediately called Cole and Kacie and they said they never felt it but Cole's brother Brandon did and they live in Rexburg too.

Laura texted "I'm glad today is the last day of March Madness!  This has been an unforgettable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment