Thursday, June 21, 2012

Anita Taylor's Funeral June 11th

On our way to Anita's funeral we got stopped by some road construction so we had a little fun taking pictures.



Anita's Visiting Teacher June Hartley gave her this handkerchief before she died.  I thought it was a special added touch to how beautiful she looked.  We are going to miss her so much!!!

Some of Anita's grandchildren, nieces and nephews practicing their song for the funeral.  They sang Families can be Forever and I am a Child of God.  Several more actually sang when the time came.  They all did great.
The funeral turned out really nice.  All the remarks and songs were a wonderful tribute to a special lady that touched all of our hearts deeply.
Mom with cousin Karen Kotter (Zola's daughter), Aunts Zola Schlerf and Alta (Grandpa Dewane Alder's sisters) and cousin Sandra Tanner (Alta's daughter) 
It was so nice of Gerald and Wanda to come.

I was taking a picture and this is what I got before my phone hit the sidewalk...

And this is the outcome... So sad since I have not even had it a month.  It still worked though.
Pallbearers:  (left side) Matson Gahley, John Gahley, Morgan Taylor & Avery Taylor.  (right side) Anton Alder, Robert Alder, Paul Alder and
Reid Schulthies 
Hanna and Mckinley
They had a bunch of Anita's beaney babies and stuffed animals for all the kids if they wanted one.
Lee, Neil, Jed, Stephanie and Diana Crowther.
Dad and Mom

Matson, Tod, Nichol, VeAnn and John Gahley
Mom with Eli Ricondo, Verla, and Mike Taylor


Kyle and Kacie
Mom with Erin Taylor Guenter.  She did such an amazing job on her remarks at the funeral.  Besides sharing some wonderful memories of  her grandparents Roy and Anita, she also shared from D&C 6:13 which touched a lot of people.
Brady and Mckinley with their stuffed animals by the Taylor tombstone.

My beautiful Mom!

Mom with her brother Allan Alder...the bookends. 
Tod, VeAnn, Allan, Mom, Bob, Mike and Janie Taylor
Rosie's family with Dad and Mom.

Dad, Laura and Reid
Bob and Janie had this canvas made from a picture I took of her at Christmas time.  They gave it to Mom after the funeral which meant the world to her.
I love it!
Anita cross-stitched twelve of the latter-day prophets for Allan when he was called to be their Stake President.  These are two of them. 
They are so beautiful.  Anita was so talented.
Flowers that Dad ordered.
Rosie and I with Ruth Alder and Caleb.
I'm going to miss this old house.  I have had a lot of great memories there.  The big red barn was removed a few months ago to allow more room for a pivot.  It is weird to see the house without it.  After the family dinner I was able to find a place that fixed the screen on my phone and I got a LIVESTRONG OtterBox case for it so hopefully I don't break it again.

1 comment:

  1. What a great job you did of capturing all of the details in honor of Anita! You have such a wonderful family and are so supportive of one another. I love the canvas that your mom received of Anita, too...what a priceless treasure for her to remember her sister by.
    I'm sorry you had a little incident with your new phone, but I'm glad you were able to get it fixed quickly. And just a random sidenote, I actually did a cross-stitch of Spencer W. Kimball for Farrell when he was the Stake President for his office. I remember it took FOREVER to finish and was a very difficult pattern due to all of the threads being similar colors, so I am VERY impressed that Anita did 12 of them! That's crazy!
    Sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete