Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Storm June 4th

We had a nasty storm come up around 6pm Monday night on June 4th. The wind was so strong and loud. This was the damage it caused. The awning on dad's shop riped off and flew over the shop in the middle of the yard causing some damage to the roof of the shop and the other outbuilding.  The saddest part was loosing Kaylin's tree.  It was twelve years old and so beautiful.  I felt so bad for Mom and especially because Aunt Anita was not expected to live long this was the last thing that Mom needed.  Stace had a really good idea about having something made from the tree.  I really hope we can do that for Mom and Dad. 

This is were the awning was before it landed in the middle of the yard.  Scott said that Dad's surveillance cameras caught it all on video.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is soo sad about Kaylin's tree. I really hope you can make something beautiful out of the wood. and crazy about the awning..we had a storm once here that ripped the siding and roof off some sheds. Crazy scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dedre. Hey, I'm really sad I haven't been able to access your blog anymore. I was able to for a little while after you went private, but I haven't had access for about 4 week now.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how strong those winds were! And I'm so sorry about Kaylin's tree, too. Your family will figure out a way to see the "up" side of things, though, because you always seem to see the silver lining of every trial in this life.

    ReplyDelete