Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Brady's Baptism & Confirmation

Our Primary President Tara Hartley brought up this little packet of goodies for Brady's baptism.  I love the towel with his name on it!

 
 I just love Jaynee she is such a good friend for Brady.  While we were waiting for the meeting to start he kept looking back to see if they were there and was so excited when they showed up.
 Riley Griffin was also baptized with Brady.  Pictured with Riley is his uncle George, Mom-Maryjane and Dad-Mike.
All of Brady and Riley's cousins sang, 'When I Am Baptized.'  It was cute!  Mom gave the Baptism talk and did an awesome job! She talked about how they are now Christ's sons and how they need to act and represent Him.  She also gave them both a handout about dingy and shinny pennies.  She had a dingy one to represent sin and two shinny ones dated 2004 and 2012 to represent their birth year and year they got baptized to show how shinny and new they are.  It was real effective...I love to hear her speak, she always does great!  Riley's grandma Gaylene Ellsworth gave the Holy Ghost talk and his grandpa Bill Ellsworth gave the opening prayer and Gerald Talbot gave the closing prayer.  It was a really good meeting!
 The Talbots that came!
 All The Schulthies Family that came...I think we are missing some for the picture though.
 
 
 Sunday morning Brady woke up and said he was so happy to be baptized and then went up to Scott and said, "Thanks Dad for baptizing me."  It was really special and cute!  Scott did an amazing job on the confirmation blessing.  Brady was kind of shy going up front and I don't think he got to shake everyone's hand before he got in a hurry to leave.  It was pretty cool that all three of us bore our testimonies.  It has been a long time for me and especially Scott and it was Brady's first time.  Mckinley was cute and went up to help him.  It was a special meeting.
 You can always count on the grandparents to be there! Love them all!
Pictured (LtoR): EJ Raven, Van Schulthies, Scott, Ron and Gerald Talbot with Brady!  Not pictured but in the circle were: Ruben Cardenas, Zac Cleaver, Scott's Uncle Stephen Talbot, Stoney, Weston & Logan Schulthies.

 
After church we had a wonderful dinner.  Scott spent the last two days cooking pork for pulled pork sandwiches and then everyone that came brought a side dish and we bought two Costco cakes. 
 

Harlen and Kendalee were so sweet to get Brady the Tom Brady jersey for his birthday and baptism.  He was so proud of his shirt.  He went right home after church and changed into it.  It was cute!
 I found these two peeking over the cake.  Too cute!
It was so nice of Rosie and EJ to come so far for the weekend!  They had to leave right after church, but I was so glad they came.


It was an enjoyable day.  I made a 34-minute slide show of Brady.  (I actually made it twice since my computer crashed just a week before his baptism and I hadn't finished yet because I wanted his baptism pictures in before I completed it, such a downer, but I got it done!)  He was so cute to watch it with.  He would get so excited over each picture.  I can't believe my baby boy is now 8 and baptized! Wow how time flies!  I sure love this boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing us the privilege of being part of Brady's special day. He continually reminds us of the pureness of his mind and imagination. Sure do love him... Grandpa and Grandma Schulthies

    ReplyDelete