Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hidden Treasures Found...

So I was going through my storage room and I came across a forgotten box filled with little hidden treasures that were given to me when I was a little girl.  I was so glad they were still in fairly good condition.  I decided to blog about it so I don't forget again about them.
We are not sure who made it, but my mother and I both wore it when we were babies.  Who knows how old I was when I wrote the tag so I wouldn't forget whose it was.
My baby blessing dress!

My Grandmother Della Alder did the needle work on both sets of pillow cases and either her mom or mother-in-law did the fine crocheted edging.  They are so beautiful I have never used them.
This was worn by my mother as a baby.  Not sure who made this either.
These bibs were also worn by my mother.
These tea cups and saucers were given to me by my Great Grandmother Annie Alder.  I did a little research and learned that they are Rochelle, Eggshell Nautilus Pattern made by the Homer Laughlin China Co. in Newell, WV, USA.  This pattern was discontinued in 1941.  I had completely forgot about them so I thought it was about time I finally display them.


My Grandma Della Alder made all of these Barbie doll clothes for me when I was a little girl.  What a labor of love.  I sure love and miss her.



I can't imagine crocheting these little things.

I think I can remember my Grandmother wearing similar or maybe even the same pant suits.
My mom's baby booties made by her Grandmother Annie Alder.
This was my Great Grandmother Bessy Bair's brooch.  I thought I had the earrings to match but couldn't find them.
My baby booties made by my Grandma Alder.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally amazed that you've taken such good care of these heirlooms... Grandma Alder would be so pleased!!! Thanks Tammy for sharing these photos

    ReplyDelete