Sunday, October 6, 2013

Love General Conference Weekend

I always look forward to General Conference.  I love to hear from our General Authorities and just being with my family relaxing on the couch with a blanket.  In between sessions I took the boys to town to get Brandon's haircut and then Brady wanted to get doughnuts at M&W.  Saturday night Ron and Stacie went deer hunting so they brought the kids out.  They had a lot of fun riding their scooters and playing with Brady's new Stomp Rocket.  Ryan was so nice to make us hot dogs while I was busy trying to get the rockets off the roof.  Ha!  We then ate and watched a movie.  After they left we took the family to Dairy Queen for a little treat for Brady's Birthday. 





 I absolutely loved Elder Holland's talk.  
So much that I made this, posted it on Instagram and these are some of the responses I got.  Pam Adams said, "My favorite too! Really touches my heart."  Mom said, "In my mind's eye I can visualize Brandon as a perfect resurrected being.  I know we will feel humble just being in his presence!" And then Brenda Hartley said, "What would we do without these special witnesses to remind us of eternal truths? Keeps our hope alive and life worth fighting for!"  This brings tears to my eyes, I can't wait for this day!!!! 


Sunday Brady and I put this marble run together while we listened to conference.  In between sessions Mom took some family pictures of us. This is always so stressful.  It is impossible to get a good picture with Brandon and Brady...oh well we tried.  Thank goodness for Photoshop.  We had dinner together after the noon session.  Scott grilled some salmon and halibut on the Traeger.  It was really good then we took Brandon home.  We were really blessed this visit because Brandon didn't have any accidents and he slept through both nights.  He never said anything, but it was so nice to have him home with us.  On our way home from dropping off Brandon, Scott was expressing his frustration of not being able to have a father-son relationship with his boys.  He had a really good one with Brandon before he shutdown.  They both liked sports and music, but he has really struggled finding one with Brady.  They seem to do alright when they are alone together but it seems to only happen on Brady's terms.  Scott can't ever push it on him.  I told him to treat Brady like a butterfly and he will come to him when he doesn't expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment