Thursday, September 20, 2018

Loughlin's Birthday & Dad's Tests...

September 18th Harlan and Kendalee Garner invited us to Red Lobster to celebrate Loughlin's birthday.  There were several other family members and friends there as well.  I couldn't believe that they paid for everyone's dinner.  We all wrote little notes sharing memories that we had with Loughlin.  I wrote how much it meant to me how he would help Brandon pass the sacrament.  Scott shared how much he admired him and also their shared love of Def Leppard.



After dad had a biopsy done on his prostate they found cancer in one out of the 12 samples taken.  So they wanted to do a full body scan to see if it had spread any further.  Mom couldn't go with him today 9/20 so I said I would go.  First he had a CT scan then we had a break so he took me to lunch at Idaho Pizza which was really nice.  When we were about done eating Kacie text me all upset with how she was treated in her writing class by her teacher and wanted to drop it.  I told she would have to add another one to replace it.  After looking at other classes she finally decided it would be easier to tough it out with the same class.  After sometime has passed I think she is glad she kept it because she is starting to like the teacher.   I was proud of her for toughing it out.  Dad and I then went back for his full body scan.  You would think with all the times I have been in the hospital I would get used to this.  It was weird seeing him being the one tested.  It was discovered that he had some abnormal lymph nodes so after consulting with two different doctors I think he has decided against surgery because that would only give him a 5% better outcome but a much great risk of having other problems.  So he will be starting hormone shots and radiation sometime in November for five days a week for eight weeks.    

No comments:

Post a Comment