Monday, October 4, 2021

Corn Harvest & Reid's Family...

I helped Dad with corn harvest this year.  I would work until 1:00 at the office then go out and run the corn cart for dad until they closed or when all the trucks were full.  I was a little nervous at first but then I eventually got used to it.  I only had one bad incident and split a little corn over at grandma's place.   I got used to finding the controls for the cart just by feeling and not looking and this time the flap to one of my controls closed and so I had the wrong one.  I was trying to close the door on the boom but instead I was moving the boom back while it still had corn in it.   I was relieved I didn't break anything but just jammed it up with corn real bad.  Unfortunately 'Blindy' the cow got into it and died.  I felt bad, especially because she had a new baby calf.  Dad gave the calf to Robert to take care of.  On September 30th Reid flew in to help drive truck and run the combine.  The two us stayed out late trying to finish up all of Dad's corn before we move over by the butte and start working on Lamar's corn.



October 1st I took this picture of the two bald eagles over on Lamar's place past the butte.   It was fun working with Reid.   Laura came with the kids after school that day but didn't get her until 3:00 in the morning.  We were surprised to see them because we thought they were going to stay the night in Twin Falls.  

Mom helped Chad sew a pillowcase.
Sunday the 3rd we watched conference and Scott cooked a brisket and we had a yummy dinner.  Reid wanted me to show Brielle how to make Hello Dollies so that was fun.  Later in the evening we went to Weston and Lori's house and we had a little family home evening and everyone shared a conference talk and then we had soft pretzels and desserts.  It was nice being with everyone.




Reid's family went home on Monday.  It was so fun spending time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment