Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Dad's Back Surgery...

Mom and Dad asked me to come with them to Dad's back surgery at the Surgery Center in Boise on Emerald Road.  I drove them over and we got into some bad traffic in Caldwell so we were about 15 minutes late.  We also didn't leave as early as planned because mom set her alarm to pm.  I called her at 5:30 to see if they were ready and also to see if they were awake because the house was so dark and sure enough I woke her up.  It was a good thing I called, haha!  They wouldn't let me stay there with them so I found a hotel for mom and me at the La Quinta.  I also couldn't check in until 1:00 so I hung out in the car until my computer battery was about dead.  (I was working on Ryan's graduation slideshow.)  About then mom asked me to come and get her.  We then did a little shopping at Target.  We both found some baby clothes for Jocelyn's new baby girl and I found a cute sweatshirt on sale,  We then hung out in the lobby so I could charge my battery.  Mom was pretty frustrated we couldn't go to our room, but they would charge $25 more to check in early and mom wanted to save it in case we had to check out later the next day.  I think it was about 10:30 when the nurse called to tell us everything went well and so mom went back around 11:30. They wouldn't let her see him until he was back in his room.  We were all so relieved everything went well.  I think dad was a little nervous since his father never woke up from his heart surgery back in 1997.  The lady at the front desk finally felt sorry for me and said I had waited long enough and she let me go back to my room around noon.  It was pretty nice.
Around 4:00 mom said she needed to take a nap so I walked down to the surgery center so I could be with dad.  It was so good to see him doing so well and I was surprised by how chatty he was with all the nurses.  I couldn't believe how much walking he was doing so soon after surgery.

Mom came back and picked me up for some dinner at Zuppas around 6:00.  She then dropped me off back at the hotel and I worked on Ryan's slideshow some more while watching old Friends re-runs.  Mom stayed with dad until about 9:30.   He had a pretty rough night because they wouldn't let him sleep.  They even woke him up at 1:00ish to walk because they said he had to walk every four hours.  I was shocked that we headed home around 10:00am.  Dad was ready to be out of there.  He was a good sport and let us stop at Costco on our way home.  I talked mom into getting a Vitamix since they were $100 off.  I think they have really enjoyed it.  
This was the outfit I got for Jocelyn.  I hope she likes it!(:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment