Friday, May 13, 2022

12 years since Kacie's Transplant & 22 years since Kaylin's Passing...

May 11th I posted this on social media.  I can't believe it has been 12 years since Kacie was blessed with a new kidney.  After so many kidney donors, including myself, were told we couldn't donate it was hard not to question if our prayers were being heard but I know that the Lord knows us and hears our prayers.  He had a different and better plan for Kacie.  The doctors still can't believe how good her kidney function is and they think it should last her lifetime which is a miracle in itself.  We will never forget the life that was lost to save Kacie's  We don't know you but we love you and tears still come when I think of this incredible gift of life!  We love you Kacie and are so proud of the way you have taken care of this gift!
Two days later we celebrated the life of Kaylin.  I can't believe she has been gone 22 years now.  I often wonder if she played a part of Kacie's miracle or if that is even possible.  Oh how we miss her.  On my way home from work I picked up some Papa Murphy's pizza, squirt and balloons to remember her and the incredible human that she was and still is.  







Instead of letting our balloons go this year Mom thought it would be fun to tie them to Kaylin's tree.




We sure miss and love you Kaylin!

No comments:

Post a Comment