Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Brandon's Annual Review

We met with Tomorrow's Hope to go over Brandon's Annual Review on Friday the 8th.  It is hard to believe that he has lived there 3 years already.  It is so bitter sweet.  They said he no longer needs his sleep pap machine and in the last 30 days he has gone 19 nights with less than 8 hours of sleep.  When he is not sleeping is when I am the most grateful that he has a home that can watch him 24/7.  They also said that he has tried to escape a couple of times, but we sure miss him.  This has been one of the hardest things that Scott and I have ever had to deal with.  It is like we are mourning in a different kind of way.


After our meeting we took Brandon to get some Krispy Kremes.  You would have thought he would have looked more excited in the pictures because he sure gobbled them down fast.  He still didn't connect much with us and I was sad we were not able to take him home with us because I could tell I was starting to get sick.  And sure enough I did.  Luckily Stacie had offered to let Brady and Kacie spend the night so I able to rest on Saturday.   We rented "Here Comes the Boom"  We weren't expecting much when we got it but boy were we surprised.  I have not laughed so hard in all my life.

Saturday night Scott got sick and then Kacie came down with it on Tuesday.  Somethings are just not meant to be shared and this is one of them. Yuck!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it has been 3 years already. Very bitter sweet, I am sure. So sorry to here you guys had the sickness, yuck. That is probably why we missed you at the R.S. Birthday Dinner. Hope all is feeling better by now. Or at least on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy I can't believe it has been 3 years either. The grief must be terrible. We miss him so much. We miss him being around and making us smile with his laugh. He has the greatest spirit and just being in the same room as him brightens our lives. Give us a heads up next time he comes home, Cyrus & True would love to come and see him,, and me too!

    ReplyDelete